Date: Tuesday, January 19th, 2010
Time: 11:15am – 1:45pm
Location: John Peake Park
Show your community pride and spirit, as we welcome the Olympic Torch Relay to Chestermere!
• Casey Eagle Speaker & Black Powder Teachings
• Keister Family Fiddlers
• Stomp Dance performance by Artiste Elite International
• Arrival of the Torch and Lighting of the Cauldron
• Dove Release!
• Performance by Chestermere High School Band
• Chestermere Elementary Schools Joint Choir
• Acapella performance by the Heebee-Jeebees
• Presenting partners Coke & RBC Entertainment
• Le Choeur La Mollait
• Public parking will be available at the Chestermere Recreation Centre, 201 West Chestermere Drive.
• Handicapped parking available at Chestermere Library, 105 Marina Road, lower level
• Seniors Shuttle available at Rec Centre
• Chestermere Station Windermere Blvd. north & south bound will be closed to the public from 10am – 2pm
• Highway 1A Eastbound, no left turns on to Windermere Boulevard
• Access into Chestermere Station, 1A West on to Marina Drive
• Hwy 1A from West Chestermere Drive to Rainbow Road – THROUGH TRAFFIC ONLY
• Access will be restricted through Invermere Drive at start of the torch relay route starting at 10:30am
• NO ACCESS through Invermere Drive, Windermere Drive or Marina Road from 12pm – 1pm, UNTIL TORCH HAS PASSED THROUGH
Celebrating in Olympic Style!
The Chestermere Winterfest will be the Town’s kick off to the Olympic Torch Relay Celebration happening January 19th, 2010. This year’s Winterfest will be held at Anniversary Park and the Chestermere Recreational Centre. Starting with our Breakfast of Champions Pancake Breakfast, Ice Fishing Derby, Sleigh Rides on the Lake. The Arctic Village opens with the Polar Bear Dip, Olympic Torch Relay Maze, Snow Mountain, Fun Foam Block Building Area, and fire pits to keep you toasty warm. New this year will be the Daddy Dash and the Kid’s and K9’s Dash, and Go for the Gold Challenge!
The Frost Free Zone will include a children crafts area, artisan market, a caricature artist, balloon artist and great entertainment.
End the weekend with a bonfire, hot chocolate, luminary skate or walk and special fireworks.
To build a healthy, Christ-centered community of leaders, teens and children by fostering and sustaining healing and growth.
Gymnastics, trampoline, reverse bungee, birthday parties... Programs for all ages. We have all the ‘bells and whistles’ of the ‘big clubs’ but on a smaller scale. Quality coaching, smaller groups and individual attention is important. Our facility is very neat and clean. Exciting themes every week for Preschool gymnastics. We are committed to and focus only on recreational athletes. We also offer incredibly fun birthdays featuring a reverse bungee!